Knowledgebase: Assignment Submission
How do I use turnitin?
Posted by Chris Bucin, Last modified by Nathan Thomas on 11 July 2012 09:46 AM
You can find the turnitin service behind any of “Click here to submit….” links on your module pages.|
For example, if you wanted to check your turnitin score for the Marketing module:
1) Click on the “Click here to submit your assignment due 15th December 2009” link
2) Click the [submit] link on the next page
3) Click the icon beneath the submit heading (a piece of paper with a green arrow)
4) Select the file you wish to put through turnitin and enter the submission title.
5) Click “Upload”
6) A preview of your work will be shown. This will not contain any formatting or images and only the text of the assignment. This is normal, so do not worry. Your original submission is what the tutor will eventually mark. If you are happy that this is the correct file, click the confirm/submit button.
7) You should now be given a receipt number for your reference.
Your initial report should take around 5-10 minutes to generate.
To view your report, follow steps 1-2 above. When you are presented with the screen originally displayed in step 3, you should now see a coloured percentage on the right hand side. The number displayed is the amount of unreferenced material within your assignment. By clicking on this you will be able to see your full turnitin report.
Please note that you can overwrite your submission as many times as you require before the deadline of the assignment and a new turnitin report will be generated after 24 hours.